Athletic Department Mission Statement and Diversity Statement
The mission of the intercollegiate athletics program at the University of New Hampshire is to provide student-athletes a collegiate experience that is enriched by their participation in programs which are competitive at the NCAA Division I level both regionally and nationally. The intercollegiate athletics program also plays an important role by enhancing the quality of life for the University and statewide community by being a source of pride and identification with the University while always maintaining high standards of academic scholarship and integrity.
To fulfill its mission, the intercollegiate program must:
1. Provide student-athletes every opportunity to meet academic and athletic demands with the goal of graduating every student-athlete.
2. Provide resources necessary to field competitive teams with league affiliations, and to gain regional and national recognition.
3. Provide equitable opportunities for all intercollegiate athletics by the active recruitment of minority athletes, and provide equitable opportunities for all women
student-athletes commensurate with that of their male counterparts.
4. Provide excellent facilities for all athletes to train, practice and play.
5. Conduct all operations within state and federal law, University policies, rules of the NCAA and athletics conferences in which the University competes.
The University seeks excellence through diversity among its administrators, faculty, staff, and students. The university prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. The University of UNH is committed to creating a more diverse community, knowing that “inclusion, diversity and equity are values inextricably linked to our mission of educational excellence.” This diversity strengthens our ability to reach our individual and collective potential and to provide better services and care for all faculty, staff, and students.