DURHAM, N.H. – Senior goalkeeper Colin O'Donnell (Springfield, Mass.) tallied a game-high six saves as the University of New Hampshire men's soccer team played the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee to a 0-0 draw in double-overtime on Saturday evening at Bremner Field.

The Wildcats move to 0-0-1 on the young season, as for the Panthers, they adjust to 1-0-1. UWM outshot New Hampshire 14 to 11 for the contest, including a five to three advantage in the two overtime periods.

Moments after the start of the first overtime, Robbie Boyd took a ball off a corner and got it into the box, connecting with Ryan Whitehead, who got a head on the ball but was turned away by O'Donnell at point blank range.
New Hampshire had a pair of chances to put the Panthers away late in the stanza, the first coming when Jon Harris (Amherst, N.H.) took a ball from the right corner of the field and positioned it to midfield where Jordan Thomas (Mohnton, Pa.) picked it up and fired a shot just outside the top of the box at 3:26 but missed wide left.
The duo was at it once again moments later, when Harris directed a pass to Thomas on the left flank, who managed to put a foot on the ball in midair but missed the shot high as it sailed over goalkeeper John Shakon's head.
The 'Cats came close to finding the back of the net once again in the 30th minute of the second half, when Marcus Barr (Wallingford, Pa.) lofted a ball into the left side of the box from the right flank to Josh Bronner (Belchertown, Mass.) who headed the ball directly into the crossbar.
Harris would look to be a playmaker for the 'Cats once again as he tracked down a ball at midfield and pushed it ahead to Thomas as he went one-on-one with a Panther defender bringing the ball just inside the top portion of the box, firing a shot at 12:34 but missed, hitting the center of the crossbar.
Moments later Thomas would have another chance to end the deadlocked action as he tracked down a ball at the left flank bringing it deep into Panther territory but missed wide right.
Thomas led UNH with five shots, while Dylan George (Bangor, Maine) tallied two shots of his own. Andrew Wiedabach led the Panthers with a total of five shots.
The Wildcats return to action in the final day of the 21st Annual Nike Fall Classic when they play host to Central Connecticut State on Monday, Sept. 6 at 1:30 p.m. The Blue Devils defeated Vermont in tonight's first game by a score of 1-0. At 11 a.m., Vermont and Wisconsin-Milwaukee will play in the first match of Monday's games.
View: Mobile | Desktop