AMHERST, Mass. – Junior forward Jon Harris (Amherst, N.H.) tallied a game-winning goal with just over one minute remaining in double overtime, propelling the University of New Hampshire men's soccer team to a 1-0 victory over the University of Massachusetts Saturday afternoon at Rudd Field.

The win extends UNH's undefeated streak to six games, improving to 4-0-2, as the Wildcats complete their fifth overtime game of the season. As for the Minutemen, they drop their second game in their last three outings, falling to 1-3-3 on the young season.

For UNH, the win marks the program's best start since the 2008 campaign when the 'Cats opened the season with a 5-0-2 record. The hot start also preserves New Hampshire's undefeated streak in overtime, posting a 3-0-4 mark in its last seven games in extended play.
Harris found the back of the net at 108:35 on a feed from Dylan George (Bangor, Maine), tapping the ball in on a breakaway into an empty UMass net, giving UNH its third win in a row. Jordan Thomas (Mohnton, Pa.) was also credited with an assist on the play.

For Harris, the goal comes as his second in as many games. He scored his first collegiate goal Wednesday night against Bryant University when he tallied the first of UNH's two goals, leading the squad to a 2-1 victory in double overtime.

Colin O'Donnell
(Hampden, Mass.) notched three saves in the contest, improving his league-best save percentage to .920. In addition, the senior keeper now tops the America East in goals against average (0.35) and shutouts (3) with the win, improving to 3-0-2 on the year.

UNH outshot UMass 16 to 12 in the contest, holding a combined eight to three advantage in the two overtime periods. George led the 'Cats with a game-high six shots, while Robert Palumbo (Kingston, N.H.), Steven Palumbo (Kingston, N.H.) and Thomas finished with two shots apiece.

New Hampshire returns to action Tuesday, Sept. 28 when the 'Cats return home to take on Fairfield University at 4 p.m. on Lewis Fields.
View: Mobile | Desktop